"How to write a catchy beer ad"
by Chris Ballard
Seeing
A man, Chris Ballard, wrote a "jingle" for a beer add with beautiful models, a real band, and humor.
1a. He put a little humor into it, making the singer of the song sound drunk, repeating one rhyme twice which, comically reminded girls (watching) of their dumb drunk boyfriends, which helped them relate to the song that made them feel they are a participant. I also think he made it accessible because he made it into a catchy song so people can go online and get it or buy the soundtrack at stores.
1b. I don't think all of them were aware of the commercials intent. Most may think they are trying to sell sex, others think alcohol or beer. But there are some that go for the actual song. So I say, yea it did intend to sell, but I don't think it was just beer that got sold.
1c. Maybe if they ad a catchy hip-hop song with the commercial for the young adult audience. Or maybe if they ditch the sexy parts and put in something funnier, like the bud wiser frogs did. Their fraises were catchy, and they were popular for a while, so it worked!
According to Ballard, how would you feel knowing there were more than thirty vocal and instrumental takes as well as editing?
2a. Well it does change the way I think about it in a way that, they cared so much to make us (the viewer ) feel related to the whole add. I mean it makes us feel special and thought of in a way. Almost as if the creator had a vision in his mind and wanted to share it with us. It also tells us that the creator may even have had fun with it. I admire most work people put in things just to please there viewer, it gives off a good impression on their add.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment